Learning Begins With Us
IQRA Bilingual Academy prides itself in raising future leaders who are knowledgeable and proud of their heritage and legacy, and are able to face the challenges and global competitiveness with utmost confidence. We are an early learning academy focused on social-emotional development and early literacy and numeracy. Our students walk out with the character and confidence to make their mark in the world, equipped with the knowledge and real-world skills that take them way ahead in the industry they may serve.
Why choose us ?
We will be known for our faith, discipline and excellence. Holding on fast to the rope of Allah, we will illuminate the future.
Nieshaakema JAMES - SARR — Director / Founder
At IQRA Bilingual Academy, we provide exceptional education experiences that make learning joyful, meaningful and challenging. We nurture our students to be well-rounded individuals who not only excel academically but have good character (Tarbiyah), know their purpose and have the essential soft skills, confidence and knowledge to succeed and be ready for the possibilities of tomorrow.
• We focus on ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE AND SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT
• We develop CHARACTER (TARBIYAH)
• We build a strong foundation in 3 LANGUAGES: English, French, Arabic
Our Extra-curricular Activities
Frequently Asked Questions
Some questions regularly come up when we talk to parents interested in our school. Please find the answers to these questions below. Our FAQ make it easy for you to find answers to your most pressing inquiries ragarding IQRA Bilingual Academy. For any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail or phone to arrange a consultation. We are looking forward to talking to you.
- Yes, they can!
- Lessons throughout the day are taught in a mix of English and French language – exposure to both
languages is daily and comprehensive.
- We have special programs in either languages called English as Second Language & French as Second
Language to help beginners adapt and progressively learn the new language.
- Assembly starts at 7:45am. Students should report to their respective classes by 8am.
- School ends at 4:30pm.
- Families are expected to collect their child(ren) no later than 4:45pm.
We offer classes from early childhood program to Grade 12:
A daycare program (at least 6months old) – Pre-school – Elementary School – Middle School – High School.
- IQRABA offers:
Qualified and committed teachers.
- High commitment to academic excellence.
- An U.S accredited Islamic-centered
academic curriculum designed to exceed all
standards for Preschool and grades K
- Arabic, Qur’an and Islamic Studies.
- Strong moral guidance.
- Parental involvement in the education
- A multi-cultural staff and student
- A well-rounded program including physical,
intellectual, and artistic stimulation
- Educational Field Trips
- Sports Olympiad
- Spelling Bee (French & English)
- Debates (Islamic & Academics)
- Career Week
- Qur’an competition
- Taikwondo Classe
- Soccer Club
- Basketball Club
- Deen Competition
- Help our Ummah
- Community Iftar
- The Following Clubs: Math, Science,
reading, writing, Nasheed
Yes, they do. Students have Qur’an, Arabic and Islamic Studies classes as well as the following subjects:
- Physical Education
For a student that knows how to read Arabic fluently, he or she is supposed to finish the memorization of the Qur’an in four-five years, inshallah.
Yes, all children leave the Preschool having above average reading and writing skills.
Yes. If your child is not potty-trained, the IQRABA daycare (at least 6months old) or Mini Section (at least 18 months old) is the place to be.
For Petite Section (at least 30 months old) he or she needs to be potty-trained.